Saturday, July 25, 2009

Stopping a one sock syndrome

The one sock syndrome is a common dilemma faced by sock knitters (or anything that comes in pairs). The knitter tend to not finish the next partner of the pair for some reason or another. This happens to me usually when I am wrought with so many design ideas.

I saw an online pattern for a handmade baby shoe made of fabric. Since I don't have my own sewing machine, I opted to adapt the pattern and knit each piece together instead. I had to resize it as well, because pattern was for 6 mos to 1 year.

The pattern was an adaptation but the design is solely mine.

KNIT SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate SKILLS: Cabling; decreasing stitches; simple pattern making

The 1st three pictures are the pieces knitted separately.



Sew the long piece #2 to piece #1 to make the heel. Thread garter through the fold to make shoe fit.


(no picture) Sew the 3rd piece to cover the toe.

BELOW is the finished product.



Going back to the title: the only way I was able to not get stuck in the one sock syndrome rut was to excite myself about blogging about this. They're just so cute! I have so many design ideas in mind, I just wish I have more hands to finish all of them...




1 comment: