Tuesday, July 21, 2009

YU-TEE-AY, and the days that follow its discovery

(this is a LOOOOONNGGGG one, narrative ang tawag dito)

Early on in my pregnancy, I started getting used to bladder issues, it was my first complaint to my OB as I was describing to her how I was feeling after knowing I was pregnant. I was told it's normal to be peeing more often. Hah!

On my 6th month visit to my OB, I told her that I'm itchy down there. And that whenever I feel like peeing and having a full bladder I would pee too little to my dismay and discomfort. She immediately suspected that I have a urinary track infection, thus, a urine sample was in order. After proving her suspicions, she gave me prescription of antibiotics which I have to take 3 times a day for 7 days with the additional instruction of drinking loads of water.

And the adventure happens the following day:

I was set to meet with a dear friend, Wanda, who just had a knee operation. I couldn't visit her then, due to her exposure to someone with chicken pox, so we set a date when she was already able to get out of the house to meet up.

Taking to heart, my doctor's last instruction. I was on water therapy from the get go. I knew I was gonna pee a lot but I didn't know what was in store for me until I left the house. I actually made sure I peed 3 times before leaving. However, I have only walked a few meters from the gate when I started feeling the urge but it wasn't that great an urge, so I disregarded it and rode the bus which was to take me 'til Baclaran. 2 mins in, I was really really feeling it! Good thing there was a stop near a Chowking where the bus would be waiting a while, I spoke to the conductor and told him to wait for me, I just needed to pee. (that was a relief!)

Now, I thought, maybe this would be the last until I reach Baclaran. Was I so WRONG! 10 mins, into the ride, about 30 mins away from SM Bacoor (my nearest possible Toilet access) I was feeling the urge again. I was feeling it everytime the Bus had a sudden move. I was able to make it to SM, however when I had my chance to go down, it felt like I could make it til Baclaran. So I forged on. But on that very short but very jammed Aguinaldo road that will lead the bus to Coastal, the urge seemed to be stronger... there was light in the fact that a Jollibee was on the way. But then again, I still felt like I could make it til Baclaran, so I forged on still!!! (Sayang ang pamasahe). Good thing Coastal road wasn't that jammed that day, save for the stop light at the end of it. By that time I was really set on going down Airport Road, there was a KFC near the corner, I just needed to go down on a red light, otherwise I'd be climbing up and down the pedestrian walkway. Yey! Red light, right when the Bus was infront of the pedestrian passage. OH noh!!! Such bad timing for the traffic enforcer to assist in the flow of traffic, he was letting the cars from Coastal move forward to ease the traffic! I had no choice, I had to wait til Baclaran.

In Baclaran, the driver chose to stop a few meters after the pedestrian opening, My nearest toilet access was a 2 minute brisk walk, which I could only describe as hell-ish for me. However, upon reaching Mang Inasal's restrooms, I was SOOO glad that there wasn't any line, as I was prepared to beg whoever was first in line. The trip to this restroom may have been hell, but the relief that follow after was definitely close enough to Heaven.

I was already on EDSA when Wanda sent a text: "Mare, I found something on my arm. It may be chicken pox, it's not itchy, but it could be it. So your call..." Sheesh after all I've been through! Good thing, a blessing in disguise of sorts, I was also on my way to see a friend (and her family) at her father's burial. Or else, I would have seriously seriously thrown a fit! hahaha! (Actually not really, I also scheduled this to go to SM for my baby shower registry, but still)

The rest of the day was easy enough, I guess I learned my lesson well.

So I canceled my meet up with Wanda. For lunch, I took my antibiotics with not so much water, but still more than usual, I was in a mall anyway, there's toilet everywhere. And I'll just be 10 mins away from where my friend is by cab.

Stayed a while at the funeral, hoping to catch the early birds among our friends. Left about 7-ish, took a cab to Galleria and then took a bus to MOA, I had an easy takeout for dinner and took my antibiotics with enough water. Traffic wasn't that bad. I was still on a major peeing mode when I got home, but it wasn't as bad as it was in the morning.

What a day! I don't want to have to take medication again during this pregnancy!!! It's just a huge hassle.

1 comment: