Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A doctor's visit and the dreaded weighing scale

It's not good news.
3 out of the four things she told me were bad news.

I gained 5 lbs. over the last 3 weeks. :(

I have rashes around my belly. The news ain't that bad, I just need to put hydrocortisone cream on it.

The doctor said with my tummy size, there's a huge chance I'll have to give birth through caesarian section, which she'll know for sure on my 38th week. The fat surrounding my birth canal may make it hard or impossible for a normal delivery.

The only positive thing she said upon checking of my fundus (height of the uterus), the baby isn't overgrown, so there's still light at the end of the dark tunnel. Still a chance at normal delivery.

For what it's worth I think I can will a normal delivery.

2 comments:

  1. aww...don't worry. girlfriend. caesarian or not, it will still be one of the best days of your life, kahet na ubod ng sakit man. of course, i can't really say since i've never experienced giving birth. ehehe. pero i know how excited you are. baket ba gusto mong pilitin na normal delivery? nakakatakot. mamaya pa-irihin ka ng sobra-sobra, tas in the end, caesarian din ang bagsak mo. but anyways, good luck!

    miss you so much. kainis, nagpagupit ako sa bench fix, at hindi pa rin nila makuha yung gupit ko, kahet na ilang beses na kong nagpagupit sa kanila. takot talaga mga tao pa-iksiin ang buhok ko dahil babae ako. jusko, ang lago-lago na talaga ng buhok. can't wait to get a haircut from you again. kelan ba, if ever? mga next year na?

    btw, dadating na axel today! weee! if our sked allows it, bisitahin ka namin diyan. ingat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i understand why some people choose caesarian, ang sakeeeeet ng normal

    ReplyDelete