Friday, August 7, 2009

What did I do to deserve this?

I have wanted to visit this spa in Quezon City which specializes in prenatal massage. When I hit 2nd trimester I knew my back was going to suffer really badly, so I craved a massage everyday and would only read about this spa and its reviews over the net but not really knowing when I'd be able to get it done on me. It's just an awful waste of time, effort, money and energy to travel from Cavite to QC just for a massage when I'd have to travel back to Cavite soon after...

Then yesterday morning, as I was settling into my now normal routine of feeding my shih tzu's pups and making sure that Sofia (the dam) gets to take her meds and drink her milk (since it's the only thing she tolerates, although I still have to force it on her), a question was brought up by my dear dear Josua: "Gusto mong massage?" (You want a massage?) And acting a little bit less excited, I said: "Well, who would say no to that?", while I hide a grin that has spread across my face.

I didn't know when this massage was going to transpire, but I looked forward to it the entire day.

Apparently, he's been youtube-ing prenatal massages the entire day and learning the strokes...

That night at around 8.30pm, from the very first warm oily stroke along my calves, I have felt heaven. He didn't knead me like a dough, as I was accustomed to with previous massages I've experienced, it was a very gentle, very loving rub. And I could feel my dear Kulay moving in my belly, probably sensing the relief and relaxation his momma is experiencing.

I loved the shoulder rub, my shoulder's have been taking a beating since the pups have arrived, but the best part of it all is when Josua told me: "Nag-eenjoy ako sa ginagawa ko." (I'm enjoying what I'm doing.) That just sealed it. I am sure to coax another round of this before and after I give birth. At least I didn't force it on him.

When he finished with both sides of my body, I was sort of in a trance, super relaxed and almost asleep but conscious enough to know it's over. If I didn' have to feed the pups for the last time before I sleep, I would have just dozed off at that moment.

Just to be certain, as I was going through the pups one last time before I sleep, I thanked my love, Josua, for the best massage EVER! (better than the most expensive ones I've tried) and I subtly, vocally, wondered "Mauulit kaya ito?" (Would it happen again?)

And the answer was a happy "YES."

2 comments: