Wednesday, July 8, 2009

symptoms

During my first trimester, I was lucky enough not to feel any of the horrible pregnancy symptoms like nausea and vomiting. Everything seem normal except: my boobs hurt like a pincushion and I can't seem to get enough trips to the bathroom.

I have an amazing appetite even if not pregnant, so I don't think any of my food cravings pre and during pregnancy were any different.

And Oh Yeah! Boy, could I sleep! Nap time wasn't a favorite time of day because I was napping ALL the time.

Come my second trimester, I was so used to my first trimester symptoms that everything seem normal already even my boobs have quit growing fuller.

However, I have started noticing my belly bump, I think sooner than most first time moms-to-be. Although, to a stranger, I would probably just look like a fat lady with a big gut. I couldn't wait to look really pregnant so I'd get special treatment (like say when I ride the train.)

Now, on my third trimester, looking ever so pregnant and about to pop anytime. I have that constant need to explain that my tummy was already pregnant looking prior to pregnancy which stays around the belly even during pregnancy making me look 2 months ahead of my term (see profile picture taken at 6.5 months). Hahahahha!!!

Also, my nails seem to grow a mile a minute, needing to be trimmed more often, which is a huge problem with the toenails! I wake up about 3-4 times every night to pee! Other than the bothersome pee time, I have woken up itchy and scratchy all over my body and sweating like there's no tomorrow even if my sleeping husband is curled up under the sheets, obviously feeling cold.

The sweat (hot flashes) attacks, aren't exclusive to night time distress. I think I could already find a job in PAG-ASA (weather forecasting office) as a walking humidity barometer, to a point that I can almost predict when the rain is going to come.

And all the sleep deprivation just wants me to go to bed the entire day but that just ain't possible. So I usually end up knitting like a zombie, committing a lot of mistakes along the way, frogging often and re-doing almost finished projects, with armpit soaking in sweat. SIGH!!!!

Speaking of armpits, I think some stranger has taken over mine. I can't recognize them anymore, even Josua can't recognize them. They're so dark it's like someone smudge coal on my armpits and sad to say, neckline too!!!

With all these seeming complaints, I still feel blessed with an easy enough pregnancy. Even after the fact that my OB discovered a cyst in each of my ovaries, there aren't any real bad symptoms: Both my hands and feet have not swollen, I can wear my rings and not feel bad, I still fit in my old closed shoes (although, I opt to wear slippers, because they're just more comfortable); I have only gained reasonable weight, despite my mom's disapproving looks (we'll know more this coming Tuesday's doctor's appointment); I'm still able to do most of the things I did pre-pregnancy; My cysts have gone smaller upon regular ultrasound check ups. (YEHEY!!!); And I guess, thanks to my "balanced" diet, I've only been constipated once, and this was on a trip, without easy toilet access.

All in all, I just can't wait to get into the worst or best part of it all --- LABOR DAY!!! I've heard the worst but also know of some people who made it sound so easy. Now, I wonder, how would mine be like? You'll know.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! this is super exciting! may kalaro na si bindicoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. natawa ako sa armpits na nai-smudge ng coal haha! pero ox yon, atleast kinukwento mo lahat, yung iba niblo-blog puro positive, tinatago ang negative, puro kasosyalan nakaka IRITA!! haha! anyhoo i hope mailuwas mo agad ng cavite si kulay when he is old enuf to travel para makita namin sya! nakakaligaw pumunta sa inyo e hehe! and bindicoot will give him pink jammies heheh!!

    wag ka na pakwento sa akin kung pano ako ng labor, horror story yon! nakakahimatay! as in "poootangina anesthesia!!! ang sakeeeettt!!!!" hahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete