Monday, July 20, 2009

The not so Minor Rash

Forget oggling over the size of that tummy, just look at those red blotches!!!

I've read in so many articles and books, that during the last trimester, sleep would be hard to come by because of difficulty finding a good sleeping position. I knew I don't want it to happen to me, so early on in the pregnancy, I've trained myself to sleep on one side. (Although, I miss lying flat on my back with my feet up on a couple of pillows. This will be my reward after labor.) Now, that was a big NOT TRUE for my own pregnancy.

During my previous blog, I mentioned a rash in my tummy which I regarded as MINOR. I guess it was the biggest mistake of my pregnant life.

This RASH has kept me up half the night. If I just sweat a little on the side I was lying on, that would itch a bit and if I unconsciously start scratching that bit, I would eventually wake up in a scratching fit all over my tummy. The only solution I had last night was to douse it with alcohol over and over until the itchiness subsides and when it's dried, I would pour cornstarch powder over. After which, I would probably be able to sleep for an hour until it happens again.

Now, I'm buying calamine lotion, hope it does its promised job. And make me sleep longer than an hour. I will also try to do some home remedy: Oatmeal and/or Aloe Vera. Keeping fingers crossed that one of these work for me. :D

2 comments: