Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Layette set for another baby

When I found out a good friend of mine was pregnant, I knew I was going to have to knit something for the baby.

Around the time I was knitting these tiny things, I still believed I was having a girl, and enjoyed the break of making little boys stuff for my friend. She was a month ahead and she knew earlier that she was having a boy.

I started with the beanie, then on to the pair of booties, and then the mitts. the rattle ball was a last minute addition after realizing I have left over yarn and there's enough space left in the box for something. I thought, I might as well knit something that could be used for longer since the rest are all newborn fit.

The color was something not so baby-ish, but I knew the mom would appreciate it.

My friends know, I'm not one to go basic on gift wrapping. It's something I really enjoy. And I always believed that the time and effort put into wrapping the gift is just as important as the gift itself, specially if it's reusable.

I don't know if my friend noticed, but the ribbon was the same ribbon she used for the gift she gave me for my shower.

The gift tag was the last thing I made. I wanted something that would hint as to what may be inside the box, at the same time, it would be something the mom could stitch into something or just give a better use of.

1 comment:

  1. mare, i love your gift and yes, i love the colors even if they're not babyish. pero di ko na-notice yun ribbon hehe

    ReplyDelete