Sunday, January 16, 2011

lullabye and goodnight

I've always been and will always be a cheesy person, when I was still pregnant with Kulay I thought I would have a non-standard lullabye. I just really don't know much of the variety of lullabyes out there. Now, I know of three, however I keep on forgetting the lyrics.

There's this one pop song though that I've always loved. I had that song in my head when my favorite grandmother died. Note that I don't find it creepy at all that I would be singing this song to my child. This idea was so in my system that I sang it the first time I held Kulay and didn't care for the world if I was out of tune or if I was making a tearful mess of myself.

As the first weeks of post-birth go bye, I sang this song whole-heartedly whenever and wherever. However, about a month or so after, Kulay started having fits at night which doesn't seem to lessen when I sing and in fact the singing sorta escalates his wailing. So long story short I quit singing the damn song and just hummed whatever I could hum. This worked somehow.

So I have not sung that song to Kulay for a while now (he is 16 mos old now FYI) but last night I did. And to my surprise, he quieted down, grabbed his bottle, sucked on it and sleepily stared at me and of course slept. I guess we are back to this soundtrack. And I'm loving it. I'm so loving it, I even got an idea for a blog entry!!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment